Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath

Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath


#231
September 7 1984
Mercyful Fate
Don’t Break the Oath
4 out of 5


Highlights:
Night of the Unborn


I think this is great but, honestly, I’ve burned out on satan metal. I’m secretly rooting for the PMRC not because I want this music shut down for it’s expressions but just cuz, fuck it’s boring as hell now. That’s what those parents wanted, a fucking respite from the shrieking and chukka-chukka assault. If this was ALL my teenage kid was listening to all day I would be desperately trying to get him to do something else. Go outside. Ride a bike. Read a comic book. Play a board game. Just to give me a break. 
I don’t know how to correctly evaluate it. Like I said, maybe it’s great. 
By the end I just gave myself over to it. It’s good for what it is. 


No comments: