Thursday, February 21, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - GG Allin - Eat My Fuc

GG Allin - Eat My Fuc


#205
1984 Housekeeping
GG Allen
Eat My Fuc
1.75 out of 5

There are very few artists that intrigued me from the era that I didn’t bother to investigate. Three of them were featured on the news often enough for me to know who they were and uninteresting in their shock value that I stayed away. Wendy O Williams & Plasmatics who I finally heard a couple years ago on this project, Gwar, who, for me, appearances on Jerry Springer were enough and GG Allin.
Allin is living up to his hype. It’s punk all right. Cuz he’s a punk. It’s angry and obnoxious and violent and adolescent and the world may not need it but I think it does. On the edge of the music industry that can see Y&T back in the studio pumping out the same junk year after year, maybe this is the rock industry’s enema. Surely, Shat, the band that I saw play at SXSW when we played there, is an heir of sorts to this scatological vein ripping. 
But it’s not good music, nor is it cathartic. Too bad. GG is like the letters column of Screw magazine come to life. 
"Fucking the Dog" and "Cock on the Loose" crack me up, though. 
Points for actually existing and…being available for someone…I guess.


No comments: