Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Fates Warning - Nights on Brocken

Fates Warning - Nights on Brocken


#233
September 9 1984
Fates Warning
Nights on Brocken
2.25 out of 5


“Hello?”
“Hi, Mary. It’s Barb.”
“Hey, Barb, How are you?”
“I’m fine. Look, the reason I’m calling is I’m running out to do some errands and I was going to pick up Bobby’s birthday present.“
“Yes. Good. Tommy is coming then?”
“Absolutely. Wouldn’t miss it. Here’s the thing. I have no idea what to get your son. Is he still into things like Legos?”
“Oh, no. He’s grown out of that phase.”
“Well, what should I get him? I’m stumped.”
“Well, he’s been into Satan music lately. All I hear all day long is loud guitars and some high pitched falsetto men shrieking about…well…honestly I don’t know WHAT they are all singing about.”
“Satan worship?”
“No, not really ‘worship’. More like…affection.”
“Okay. I’ll see what I can get. See you Sunday!”
“Can’t wait! Bring some of your famous potato salad!”
“Will do.”

Barb shrugs as she tosses a copy of Fates Warning into her basket at Woolworth’s.


No comments: