Friday, February 22, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Voivod - War and Pain

Voivod - War and Pain


#212
August 10 1984
Voivod
War and Pain
2.75 out of 5


Speed metal was never my jam. Much as I love Metallica, the sonic quality and production has something to do with it. This is so fast and nearly incomprehensible it sounds like the band has some place else to be. I get that thrash metal is a thing and that it has its adherents but I’m not sure I know what to do with it in this case. And then…right in the middle of “Warriors of Ice” I got it. I was hooked in. I wanted more of it injected into my veins. But, it didn’t last the whole record. I still think the production sucks. it reminds me a bit of Nashville Pussy. Or, rather, NP reminds me of Voivod. The potential is here, I bet they get better. 



No comments: