Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Helix - Walkin' the Razor's Edge

Helix - Walkin' the Razor's Edge


#188
July 7 1984
Helix
Walkin’ the Razor’s Edge
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Rock You
When the Hammer Falls




You know what? After all the experimentation and synth-rock I had no idea that I missed good ol’ hair metal. Not since Kick Axe have we had some on this project, huh? And they, too, were from Canada. These guys are the Great White North’s Crue, especially on tracks like “Young & Wreckless” and  “My Kind of Rock” except when they are Def Leppard (“Rock You” “Feel the Fire”) or when they are Priest (“Animal House” “When the Hammer Falls”) or Poison “(Make Me Do) Anything You Want” 
These guys just wanna be Ratt’s more accessible cousin (“Six Strings, Nine Lives”). I think they’re better. This is such an improvement over their last record.


I’ve never wanted to be in Winnipeg in March in my life. http://planethelix.com/events/march-22ndclub-regent-center-wkickaxe-the-killer-dwarfs/

No comments: