Monday, February 18, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - The Lotus Eaters - No Sense of Sin

The Lotus Eaters - No Sense of Sin


#180
1984 Housekeeping
The Lotus Eaters
No Sense of Sin
2.25 out of 5


My first thought, about 3 songs in, is…this is Smith’s Lite. Twee Smiths. Coyle’s voice is so weak and uninteresting he makes me long for Morrissey and we all know what I think of Morrissey. 
I know that I am in the minority on this one and that’s fine. I have no place in my heart for this sort of treacle and that’s probably why I never had a girlfriend in college. 
Right around “Put Your Touch on Love” I was pining for Dear Catastrophe Waitress and I hate Dear Catastrophe Waitress.
I’ve never looked at my watch during an album as often as this. What I mean is, it’s on YouTube as one long playing playlist. I kept picking up my watch, opening Shazam to learn what song I was on and, dammit, still 5 songs to go. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs4zuTdI_us

No comments: