Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The 1984 Listening Post - Reagan Youth - Youth Anthems for the New Order

Reagan Youth - Youth Anthems for the New Order


#151
June 
Reagan Youth
Youth Anthems for the New Order
3.75 out of 5

Highlights:
New Aryans
Reagan Youth


Predating snot-nosed skateboard punk by a bit Reagan Youth SOUND like what they are supposed to be. Youth in the era of Reagan. The songs are short and terse but they aren’t just a bunch of screaming. Sure, there’s that, it’s not like there are melodies or anything, but the songs are pointed in their aggression and capture the sense of frustration with the Jellybean president perfectly. 
If you want to hear the original release the way it was first presented you have to cobble it together. Which is what I did. 
I wish I had found more room in my life for bands like Reagan Youth. I stopped at Dead Kennedys, which is a shame cuz I think I would have loved these guys. 


No comments: