Thursday, September 10, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Snakefinger - Greener Pastures

 Snakefinger - Greener Pastures


#398
October 1980

Snakefinger

Greener Pastures
Genre: Accessible Residents
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
I Come From an Island
Trashing All the Loves of History

Snakefinger isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. And, to be honest, I’m not even sure he’s mine a lot of the time. 
How do I explain? I have a warm spot in my heart for The Residents. After the 80s they lose a lot of their mojo, yes, but there is this period of time when they are so fervent and that’s when they occasionally hung out with Philip Lithman aka Snakefinger. His contribution to Commercial Album, Tale of Two Cities and, especially, Eskimo, might b the reason that The Residents have that spot. While Title in Limbo isn’t their best, once he no longer collaborated with them they put out the execrable The Big Bubble and never really recovered. 
Perhaps Snakefinger was the secret sauce all along. 
So, as I often have said, if you like this stuff, this is the stuff you like and you will probably like this stuff. 



No comments: