Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Neil Young - Hawkes and Doves

 Neil Young - Hawks & Doves



#434

November 3 1980

Neil Young

Hawks & Doves

Genre: Rock

3.25 out of 5



Highlights:

The Old Homestead

Captain Kennedy



It’s possible that Neil Young is the only Canadian I don’t care for. 

I don’t get this. Can someone explain this to me? I mean, I understand it if you told me that Neil was a guy who played the jamborees and, eventually, hosted his own traveling music variety show but that’s it. Amidst the hay bales and the hokum, I’m left wondering…why is this guy someone I should care about? 

I mean, outside of creating the Pono, of course. 

I’m torn. I should put “Little Wing” on the Highlights cuz…well…everyone seems to think it’s genius. But it feels unfinished and it left me wanting. I prefer the epic western “The Old Homestead” and I wish the album had more of that. 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/hawks-doves/1179541500

No comments: