Tuesday, September 22, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - M - The Official Secrets Act

 M - The Official Secrets Act


#452

November 1980

M

The Official Secrets Act

Genre: Pop Numan

2.75 out of 5


Highlights:

Relax



That really could be the entire review. It’s all there. The distaff, disassociated non-human voice. The synthetic instruments behind the synthetic vox. But this is a more happy go luck dystopia.  Robin is perfectly happy to live in an Orwellian society. 

I wish there was a “Pop Muzik” on this but I’ll take that Antmusical African Rhythm driven “Mayday” in it’s place. 

I am not sure we talk about how pervasive that sound was. It was all over the place, huh? I thought it was just Adam and Luwin via McLaren. Boy was I wrong. 

Without that single, though, it’s all 3rd rate Falco. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-official-secrets-act/1208864665

No comments: