Friday, September 11, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Lose It Tonight

 Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Lose It Tonight


#427

by John Tommassino

October 1980

Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen

Lose It Tonight

Genre: Rock blues, country rock, rockabilly and a lot of other sounds, too. 

Allen’s Rating: 3 out of 5

John’s Rating: 4 out of 5




Highlights:

Real Gone

They Kicked Me Out of the Band

New Radio


his is not usually the type of music I listen to..in fact I don't think I ever heard of these guys before being assigned to review this record. I had heard of Commando Cody, the iconic movie serial character and that's where this act borrowed the name from( George Lucas did the same thing with a minor Star Wars character , too...but I'll check my nerdness here!) . What we have here is some solid musicians putting together some very catchy and thoroughly entertaining songs. 'They Kicked me out of the band" is a great number and you can tell these guys are having a lot of fun. I'm curious to listen to more of their material now. I rate it four out of five stars! Give it a listen. 


https://open.spotify.com/album/6eMMQfGeqUaSNAKQeUmMKN?si=pvT-ym75Q6CFCUh9bnwo0w

No comments: