Monday, January 14, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Tim Finn - Escapade

Tim Finn - Escapade

Tim Finn
Escapade
1.6 out of 5
There’s a theory I and my friend, Kristen, have about Tim Finn. That whenever his brother, Neil, starts to have success (Split Enz, Crowded House), his mother calls him and tells him to let his older brother play with him.
Then Tim comes in and frankenstein makes everything sucky.
Now I know this is untrue since Tim started Split Enz but he did join Crowded House and the former was only good when they performed Neil’s songs and the latter started to suck because, well, Tim.
Maybe none of that is true but Tim is the weaker Finn. And this album doesn’t prove that otherwise.
Made My Day comes closest to anything I’d ever want to listen to again, like 4th rate Rupert Holmes.

No comments: