Monday, January 14, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Green on Red - Gravity Talks

Green on Red - Gravity Talks


#213
1983 Housekeeping
Green on Red
Gravity Talks
3.5 out of 5
Highlights:
Gravity Talks
Brave Generation
Abigail’s Ghost
This is easily the least “studio” album of the year, next to Violent Femmes and a few others. In fact, perhaps they should’ve toured together.
This is light and poppy 60s psychedelic pop but it’s so shambolic it is occasionally charming. After a very short time, I get the point and I want to reach for some genuine 60s psychedelia. I won’t return to this but I’m glad to know some kids were still trying to do it in the 80s. Better this than synth-pop. And then, on songs like “Brave Generation” & Abigail’s Ghost” I swear they are aping The Replacements and I find them even more likable. These guys might’ve been 4-9 years too early. 

No comments: