Monday, January 14, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - The Glove - Blue Sunshine

The Glove - Blue Sunshine



#240
8/23/1983
The Glove
Blue Sunshine
4.75 out of 5
Highlights:
Like an Animal
Sex Eye Makeup
Punish Me With Kisses
This Green City
Orgy
Wasn’t this a big deal when it came out? Robert Smith’s side project?
If someone said, “What if The Cure and Siouxie and the Banshees teamed up?” This is exactly what it should sound like.
Because that is EXACTLY what it is. Robert Smith and Steven Severin’s “supergroup” of sorts.
Remarkably, and probably thanks to Eric the Record Thug, I think I’ve heard every track before. A lot more than once. And I KNOW that I tried to recreate the drum beat on “Punish Me With Kisses” on Yeast Infection’s “Sex Dog”. Or that other track we tried to lay down. It’s all so familiar. Is this on heavy rotation on Sirius??
I adore this album and I’m so glad I got to revisit in 36 years later.

No comments: