Monday, January 14, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Cliff Richard - Silver

Cliff Richard - Silver

October 1983
Cliff Richard
Silver
2.25 out of 5
Damn, this guy recorded a lot of music. If you like big, epic sounding Air Supply as performed by Elton John you would enjoy this.
During this project I’ve listened to a lot of Cliff Richard. Only a couple songs off Rock ’n’ Roll Juvenile ended up lodging a place in my Apple Music library.
But that never seemed to stop him.
He would’ve placed 9th on American Idol.
I kinda think that the cost to be a part of this group should be having to listen to "Never Say Die (Give a Little Bit More)" all the way through without reflexively reaching for the “next” button. If I had to, you should, too. Or “Front Page” Or “Locked Inside Your Prison”, the latter of which sounds like Elton John had a stroke and woke up thinking he was, I dunno, Billy Joel on a bad day (and, dammit, I found myself tapping me feet…I need to get out more)
This album is a hodgepodge of a different styles, not enough for any one fan to latch on too. And none if it truly awful. Nor any of it actually great.

No comments: