Monday, December 28, 2020

The 1981 Listening Post - Uli Jon Roth - Fire Wind

Uli Jon Roth -  Fire Wind



#119

1981 Housekeeping

Uli Jon Roth (As Electric Garbage…I mean, Electric Sun)

Fire Wind

Genre: Metal Garbage (Sorry, did it again)

1 out of 5




Lowlights:
Charlie and I



This is, by accounts, one of the worst metal albums I’ve ever heard. 

To all those Scorpions acolytes, I am sorry. Sorry that your guitarist, in a drunken haze it seems, committed any of this to acetate. 

I guess you could call what Roth is doing “singing” but I’m not sure I would. Because what it sounds like to me is what someone who has never heard singing before was told to do at gun point. WHY ARE YOU TRYING VOCAL RUNS, ULI!?!?!?

This is horrible. I’m not sure what “Prelude to Space Minor” is supposed to be in prelude to but…it takes up a couple minutes of space before Uli gets back to his Hendrixian desperation. 

I don’t know what “Chaplin and I” is about beyond the character in the title and Uli makes me want to never investigate it further. 



https://open.spotify.com/album/7n4ubwGM8VTr0khbfJEuwE?si=ftsMyOy6RZSGFVzAHIj_Pg

No comments: