Thursday, December 10, 2020

The 1981 Listening Post - Nazareth - The Fool Circle

 Nazareth - The Fool Circle


#65

By John Tommasino

Nazareth

The Fool Circle

Genre: Rock. 

Allen’s Rating: 2.5 out of 5

John’s Rating: 4 out of 5


Highlights:

Every Young Man's Dream:

Another Year

Cocaine (cover, live)


I never listened to a Nazareth record before. They were a little bit before my time as a music consumer. 1981 was the first year I bought a record(Devo's "Whip it", but I digress)....and these guys had been putting out records for awhile. I didn't even know they were Scottish until I researched this review. I just remember there were older kids who were into them and there was this long-haired character in my hometown who often wore a Nazareth t-shirt. Anyway, I found this to be a solid lp with good guitar work. "Another Year" is surprisingly philosophical and "Every Young Man's Dream " waxes nostalgic about coming of age. There is a rousing live cover of "Cocaine" that is worth listening to... good stuff here.


https://open.spotify.com/album/6qywwH9Krdn75JwLdORO3E?si=c5wr695OTOav8uuz3YBqHA

No comments: