Sunday, December 27, 2020

The 1981 Listening Post - Radio Birdman - Living Eyes

 Radio Birdman - Living Eyes


#110

March 1981

Radio Birdman

Living Eyes

Genre: Garage Punk

4 out of 5



Highlights:

More Fun

Do the Moving Change

I.94

Burn My Eye


Here we go. 

I have never listened to Radio Birdman before even though everyone I know who knows me and my taste has told me I had to. Especially when I fell in love with the early 00s Hellacopters Record High Visibility (Which came into my focus because of the relentless support in Joel Harrington’s book, Sonic Cool).

I’ll be back in about 35 minutes.


Reading up, yeah, the production is as terrible as has ben suggested. 

Man, this really is Stooges/MC5 stuff, huh? I mean, I see the line to Hellacopters but I believe they wore their Kiss/Skynrd affection on their sleeves and merged them with this in the end. But, early stuff sounds just like this. 

There’s the requisite menace to this album and as Harrington points out, “[Birdman] played the MC5 to their [The Saints] stooges 9or vice versa)”. I would love to have been around, and in Australia, for Radio Birdman/Saints bills, if they existed. That had to be a good time. 



https://music.apple.com/us/album/living-eyes/959610774

No comments: