Thursday, December 17, 2020

The 1981 Listening Post - I'm So Hollow - Emotion/Sound/Motion

 

I'm So Hollow - Emotion/Sound/Motion

#91

1981 Housekeeping

I’m So Hollow

Emotion/Sound/Motion

Genre: They opened for Clock DVA

3.5 out of 5



Highlights:

Entrance

Touch




But Clock DVA was ambient and annoying. This…this is…actual….these are…hang on, let me turn my headphones around…

Nope. 

These are actually songs. 

This is as Cherry Red as I’ve ever heard. Gyrating music that I kind of want to pogo to. 

I don’t know if anyone knows or remembers I’m So Hollow but I feel like they were on the edge of the knife of Post-Punk Goth and that world owes them a bit of a nod. Certainly this band could have toured with Siouxie and all of her Banshees.

I wanted to love this for those reasons but I found that every distraction that came my way was welcome and going back was more of a chore than a blessing.

But it’s a pretty good version of what it wants to be. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbiD7Bwh7A



No comments: