Monday, August 24, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Streetheart - Drugstore Dancer

 Streetheart - Drugstore Dancer



#254

June 15 1980
Streetheart
Drugstore Dancer
Genre: Glam Metal
3.5 out of 5 


Highlights:
Drugstore Dancer


There are times that I get to an album for which we only have YouTube links to put together a playlist and I am thrilled to see the following word: “missing”…which means that certain tracks could not be found to complete the album but there are enough songs to give a sense of the entire experience and not enough to toss the entire album away. And I get excited because often that means the album is trash and I don’t have to listen to the whole thing.
And, given my experience with Streetheart, I was expecting that to be the exact case. It wasn’t. I could have listened to another pair of glam metal rock tracks from these guys. I wouldn’t run out to buy their album but it’s not awful. 

Here’s one of the many magical things about Canada. They have a rule that all radio stations (and video channels) have to play a certain percentage of Canadian bands. Which is why they get stuff like Axe and Go For a Soda and MyoFist as part of their musical lineage. And most of those bands don’t break through here. For every Loverboy, there’s a dozen Streethearts. 

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4xCyTNWsxA&list=PLlvn8uktX5Lsn4Hp4B9By51VxQnL5BCze (Missing 2 tracks - You're Crash Skirt and Let Me Go)

No comments: