Monday, August 24, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Jack Green - Humanesque

Jack Green - Humanesque 



June 15 1980 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY

Jack Green
Humanesque
Genre: Rockin’ Power Pop
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Murder
Babe
Can’t Stand It


Who is this guy? He put out four records between 1980-1986 and another in 2020! I’ve never heard of him. Anybody?
Let’s look him up.
Oh! He was T. Rex’s guitarist?
And he was in Rainbow for…three weeks? I was a wedding DJ for longer than that. 
Here’s the thing, he’s something like a hybrid of Don Henley and Martin Briley a touch of Steve Miller in there as well and I totally dig it. I can’t help but think he might have had more success if he was a “band” and not a solo act. And not a band named after him, you know? Not The Jack Green Band. No, something like The Murder Band. 
How did Joe Jackson score with songs that sounded just like “Babe” but Jack didn’t? Weird. 
This album is just a tight collection of neat little rockers that I wish I had heard of 30 years ago. 




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akQ47DiO1oo&list=PLlvn8uktX5LumkPE03Y0KU4P4N9Gov9wg

No comments: