Saturday, August 29, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Saga - Silent Knight

Saga - Silent Knight


#321

August 1980

Saga

Silent Knight

Genre: Rusharillion

3.5 out of 5



Highlights:

Compromise


I don’t know what’s going on. Like, that first song, “Don’t Be Late (Chapter Two)” is about a young Albert Einstein. But I didn’t really get it. It might as well be about Neil Simon’s Chapter Two. It sounded fine and all but I didn’t follow the story line. And, that storyline apparently picks up later on “Too Much to Lose (Chapter Seven)” but what happened to Chapters 3-6??? 

Ah.

Apparently this story is told out of order and is from the previous albums? But, why? Why are Chapters four and six on the first album and One and Three on the second album but you have to wait for the third album for Chapter Two? 

I have a headache and that’s not just from the music.

So, Saga fans, I have to ask: Is there any value in listening to a playlist of The Chapters?


This is a pretty ambitious album but I get the feeling they can do better. Well, I know they can, cuz I’ve heard better but not the immediate next stuff. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/silent-knight/1457350188 

No comments: