Monday, January 14, 2019

The 1983 Listening Post - Cock Sparrar - Shock Troops

Cock Sparrar - Shock Troops

Cock Sparrer
Shock Troops
3.75 out of 5
Highlights:
Where Are They Now?
Take Em All
I Got Your Number
In the Toy Dolls vein, Sparrar opens with a pop punk single, “Where are they now?” which situates them squarely in between the hardcore OI bands and the cheeky Oi bands (that word shows up a lot lately, huh? I need a British thesaurus).
With a voice that is straight out of Eastenders (Or that sitcom in Extras that Ricky Gervais’ character starred in) and a tried and true Ramones style rhythm guitar approach its hard not to like Cock Sparrer.
I sure do.
I wish they had a Krofft Saturday Morning Show. This album screams that to me. Well, more than the Bay City Rollers or Hudson Brothers ever did.

No comments: