Thursday, March 10, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Vice Squad - No Cause for Concern

 Vice Squad - No cause for Concern


#472

October 6 1981

Vice Squad

No Cause for Concern

Genre: Punk



Highlights:

Evil



I’ve many times told the story of my very short lived Spinal tap inspired punk band, The Yeast Infection” (or just Yeast Infection, depending on your memory) and our one gig at The Dive bar in NY. 

I’m not going to waste words here to regale of that story. But, suffice to say, we sounded very similar and as poorly produced as this. And we didn’t have an album.

This is a muddy mess that sounds like it was recorded live at The Dive. 

It might be in the Plasmatics vein but it’s just so poorly mixed that I can’t tell.
Here’s what I do appreciate: Lead singer and primary Vice Squad force, Beki Bondage was 18 when she made this record. While she would have fit in well into our band, she’s really more of a spiritual companion to the likes of Poly Styrene and no doubt an influence on Bianca Butthole. 

What I wanna know is what Beki does in real life. She’s really young, what has her life been outside of playing punk music? I’d research it but the album ended and I forgot. 




https://music.apple.com/us/album/no-cause-for-concern/691469882

No comments: