Saturday, March 5, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - The Roulettes - The Roulettes

 The Roulettes - The Roulettes


#457

1981 Housekeeping

The Roulettes

The Roulettes

Genre: Power Pop

3.25 out of 5



Highlights:

Baby Don’t Go

Love Is Like a Telescope



Ok. I’ve hit that wall. I’m burned out on this sound. I can totally understand no one wanting to hear this style anymore. 

This band…there’s precious little info about them. Their roots can be traced back to the early 70s soft rock band Providence but, man, no one has much intel on these guys. 

But, some of their songs exist on YouTube and we listen. 

It’s all there: The VCVCBIC. The delicious lead lines. The Raspberries-esque vocals. It’s not bad at all but, come on, let’s move on, people. 

I can’t believe I’m writing these words….


It’s good. It’s really good. Points off for not having the full album, obvi, but, I’m kind of with the rest of the world in 1981…



We have Side One and one track from Side Two. And I’ll tell ya: if we had the whole record, I bet it’s a DISCOVERY or at the very least a 4.25. But, this is all we got. 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nomXshd_9yw&list=PLlvn8uktX5LtxMt77KRlWlKLQR7CaYWwk Missing 4 tracks - Come On, Dynamite, Livin's Lovin' You and Dream About Me

No comments: