Monday, March 21, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Peter Cetera - Peter Cetera

 Peter Cetera - Peter Cetera


#491

By Tami Fitzkoff

September 23 1981

Peter Cetera

Peter Cetera

Genre: Que Cetera Cetera

Allen’s Rating: 2 out of 5

Tami’s Rating: 1.5 out of 5


The whole time I was listening to Peter Cetera’s first solo album I kept thinking of Tom Petty’s song “Into The Great Wide Open” and the lyrics, “their A&R man said, ‘I don’t hear a single.’” There is no indication on this album that Cetera would go on to have a successful solo career. This is exactly the kind of album that would make one say, “what the hell was he thinking leaving Chicago?” It’s definitely more rock-oriented than what we’d come to know of him in his adult contemporary style later years. But it’s not good rock. It’s just a completely forgettable record. Not one song stands out as a highlight. The only positive thing I could say is that the second half of the album is better than the first. “I am a reviewer who will fight for your (listening) honor.” And I urge you to skip this one.


https://open.spotify.com/album/0TqVm0d4o198KAxN8MUKKS?si=klFG-g9iRQ-xZbuMpr5bnQ

No comments: