Friday, March 4, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - The Stockings - Red Tango

 The Stockings - Red Tango



#432

September 1981

The Stockings

Red Tango

Genre: Power Pop from Oz

3.5 out of 5



Highlights

Good Luck

On My Knees



Opening with a title track that is an almost instrumental that comes across, boldly, like a cross between “Peter Gunn” and something by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet, this is a little Power Pop confection from Down Under.

Solid power pop tracks but, given the location of the band and the waning appreciation for this genre it makes sense that they were a one and done.

The whole thing is a relatively pedestrian entry to the Power Pop archives. 

“On My Knees” comes reallllllllly close to “I’m the Man” but I’ll allow it.

Honestly, I’m beginning to burn out on this genre as well. 


Only available to download or stream from this Google Drive:



https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1V57kbXzx_OIFZ5w2w-sKtjTp0TrFlNej?usp=sharing

No comments: