Saturday, March 5, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Rocky Sullivan - Internal Affairs

Rocky Sullivan - Internal Affairs 



#468

April 1 1981

Rocky Sullivan

Internal Affairs

Genre: Springsteen Rock

2 out of 5





What have I said about opening albums with covers? What have I said, Rocky? Over and over. It doesn’t matter if you put your own lesser-Asbury Jukes spin on it. It says a lot about your faith in your own work. 

I don’t care how much you think you should be booked at The Stone Pony. It’s not happening. 

The big Boss type discovery on this journey has been Joe Grushecky. I would happing find another. And I’d hoped that Rocky was that guy. 

Alas, he’s a tourist in this genre. He gets close on “Love Me Just a Little” but, it’s in the end he really just finds the nexus between Springsteen and The Stones.


https://music.apple.com/us/album/internal-affairs/405295905

No comments: