Monday, March 21, 2022

The 1981 Listening Post - Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Re-ac-tor

 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Re-ac-tor



#492

October 21 1981

Neil Young & Crazy Horse

Re-ac-tor

Genre: Rock

2.75 out of 5


Highlights:

Southern Pacific


I imagine this is because I am coming to him in the 80s and not during his influential years the decade before but I am not a fan of Neil Young. 

I don’t care for his songs, his lyrics or his voice. 

This album is not helping.

Nine minutes of one stupid riff, Neil? The insipidity of “T-Bone” renders the rest of the experience redundant. “Got mashed potato, ain’t got no T-bone”????

Stop it. You will never convince me that Young is deserving of his high regard in the pantheon of rock because every time you do I will repeat that lyric and bring up the Pono. 




https://music.apple.com/us/album/re-ac-tor/1179513804

No comments: