Friday, October 23, 2020

The 1981 Listening Post - The Handsome Beasts - Bestiality

 The Handsome Beasts - Bestiality


#51

1981 Housekeeping

The Handsome Beasts

Bestiality

Genre: Blues Based Metal

3.75 out of 5


Highlights:

David’s Song

Breaker

Crazy



This

Is

The

Worst

Cover

I

Have

Ever

Seen


At least NOFX’s Heavy Petting Zoo was illustrated. It, too, was in terrible taste but, I dunno, I didn’t hate it as much as I loath this one. 

But, how’s the music? It’s…blues based metal. It isn’t bad. Everyone plays their parts, their instruments as well as any practitioners of the form did at the time. 

In fact, I kind of love some of it. If you love that early 70s riff heavy Sabbathian sound…well…this is in that ballpark. 

https://music.apple.com/us/album/beastiality-bonus-track-version/285394332



No comments: