Thursday, October 1, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - The Proof - It's Safe

 The Proof - It's Safe


#485 LISTENING POST DISCOVERY

The Proof

It’s Safe

Genre: Power Pop

4.25 OUT OF 5


Highlights:

Won’t Give an Inch

I Want You

It’s Safe


This is a late entry to The Listening Post. Because I saw that it was uploaded to a fantastic blog called Willfully Obscure and then it wasn’t available and then I asked him to make it available and I checked and I checked and then I forgot and, lo and behold, another Listening Poster discovered that Spavid over at WO did, indeed, upload it. 

So, I was licking my chops to get to hear it. 

Skittish hi hat, vocals that hint at passivity and angst, traveling baselines. It’s all there. It’s a solid piece of polished Power Pop that no one cared about when it dropped. 

Shame. It’s an album that gets better as it goes along. It’s a nervous, Look Sharpy era Joe Jackson spinner and I generally love those. 

The lead singer and I have a mutual friend on Facebook. She is someone I went to high school with. I allllllmost wanna reach out. And then…I think…just leave it. 




This won’t be available for long, folks. If you’re interested in uninspired Power Pop. 


https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TnkXLGjole17vegwUbEg0CVCuzTzY9X5?fbclid=IwAR2BTK7ypToduxNv_FCXLEZmPodCtWzZNCmEtT5qI6YtvZmdDgr14H5Gb_8

No comments: