Thursday, October 1, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Robin Trower - Victims of the Fury

 Robin Trower - Victims of the Fury


April 1980

Robin Trower

Victims of the Fury

Genre: Blues Rock


Highlights:

Road to Freedom


As we end the year, we come upon a record that slipped through the cracks. I’m sure there were holes, there always are. In this case it was because I was listening to Trower’s 1981 record that I learned there was one in 1980 that we didn’t get to. That happens. Because the bins of Rock history are filled with records you never knew existed.

I am not familiar with Trower’s work in the previous decade. This is exactly the kind of record that fits into that early 70s Zeppelin wheelhouse. And I bet there’s an audience for it but you can feel it dating itself in the context of all that 80s stuff from the year. 

But that don’t make it not good. 




https://music.apple.com/us/album/victims-of-the-fury/1142879242

No comments: