Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The 1980 Listening Post - Instructions - Instructions

 Instructions - Instructions



#494

1980 Housekeeping

Instructions

Instructions

Genre: We love The Cars!

3.75 out of 5



Highlights:

Factory

Wicked Heart

Don’t Say Love



I know. I know. The albums keep coming in. It’s like a scramble to get the last ones in before we move on to 1981. I promise, once we start with 1981, any 1980 record we missed will be put in to a list for us to go back to when we finish the decade. 

But, here’s Instructions. 

Imagine The Cars if they were huge Tubes fans. And also only had access to M’s studio equipment. And that’s not to say this is a bad thing. Not at all. If Gary Numan had a sense of humor I would expect music like this. The lead singer, Owen Smith, sounds a bit like Standard Ridgeway and that nasal Vox, to me, is the very description of “80s” New Wave.

Anyone know what happened to this band? Who they were? Not that anyone should go Instructions crazy but I would like to know what they all moved on to.

Lyrically it’s bereft. But I give them props for trying. 


https://music.apple.com/us/album/instructions/303691692


No comments: