Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The 1981 Listening Post - April Wine - Nature of the Beast

April Wine - Nature of the Beast 



#11

By John Tommassino

January 12 1981

April Wine

Nature of the Beast

Genre, Hard Rock

Allen’s Rating: 4.5 out of 5

John’s Rating: 2 out of 5


Highlights:

Sign of the Gypsy Queen 


I didn't care for this act when they were happening in the early 1980s, my brother insisted that they were incredible...but I always thought that was a big overestimation. These guys are kind of boring and it shows on this album. The cliche driven power ballad "Just between you and me" is nothing special... and the rest of the album ranges from ho-hum to downright silliness like "Wanna Rock", pure filler material to there. I remember these guys had a few videos on MTV back in the 1980s but they never made a huge splash or reached big status....they kinda faded after a bit. I give this record two out of five stars. It's not worth listening to except for the decent Sign of the Gypsy Queen... which is an okay song. Not much talent or creativity here.


https://open.spotify.com/album/2jdTTnlMRfq0cWhz16FMD6?si=6v5DbleDSbCWSiq_xH70gA

No comments: