Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Wendy O. Williams - Kommander Kaos

Wendy O. Williams - Kommander Kaos



#53/1220
February 21 1986
The Plasmatics (Wendy O. Williams)
Kommander Kaos
Genre: Metal
3.75 out of 5


Highlights:
Hoy Hey (Live to Rock)
Ain’t None of Your Business (Live)
Work That Muscle (Fuck That Booty)

Imagine what this might sound like if it was produced well. Might. Operative word.
I loved Wendy. Not her voice or her stage persona or really anything that she ever did publicly. I loved what she was. A staunch middle finger to just about everything. She basically ushered in the era of Jerry Springer all by herself. She was what Wrestlemania wanted to be, dressed up in nipple covering gaffer’s tape and a growl that made Joan Jett sound like Celine Dion in comparison. 
My heart broke for her when I learned of her suicide. But I bet the only kind of person who could do or be something like Wendy (a female GG Allin in a way, much less scatological and much more accessible) had some deep seated demons to wrestle with. 
I really wish this didn’t sound like it was recorded in the Holland Tunnel. 
I’ll take her storytelling on “Ain’t None of Your Business (Live)” over any heartland Springsteen story, any day. 


No comments: