Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Fuzzbox - Bostin' Steve Austin

Fuzzbox - Bostin' Steve Austin



#70/1237
1986 Housekeeping
Fuzzbox
Bostin’ Steve Austin
Genre: Garage Rock
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Love is the Slug
You Got Me
Rules and Regulations



I am sort of shocked that Fuzzbox never appeared on a Quentin Tarantino soundtrack. They feel like a band that he would love. 
The original name of this group is We’ve Got a Fuzzbox and We’re Gonna Use it and I am here for that shit.
This is the 5-6-7-8’s meets the Go Go’s. They are the spiritual cousins of The Gymslips and I love every second of it.
Every song starts off with spectacular promise, lacerating guitars and energized baselines and then, for some reason, devolve into something less exciting. And I can’t explain it. 
Oh, well. I guess there’s a reason Fuzzbox never caught on. 


No comments: