Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - The Comsat Angels - Chasing Shadows

The Comsat Angels - Chasing Shadows



#67/1234
1986 Housekeeping
The Comsat Angels
Chasing Shadows
Genre: Rock
4.25 out of 5

Highlights:
The Thought That Counts
Lost Continent
Flying Dreams




Welp, Comsat Angels must’ve gotten the message that 7 Day Weekend was a giant pander cuz this is not that.
Moody, melodic, dark and anthemic and maybe I’m crazy but I feel like Placebo listened to this record. 
It’s not something I would return to but I could walk barefoot in my backyard on a cool, damp California Autumn night and transport with this thing. 
It’s a shame that this thing doesn’t really explode until late with “Flying Dreams” but it’s a nice journey that pays off. 
It won’t change your life but, if the last album was your introduction to The Comsat Angels, as it was mine, it will change your opinion of them.



No comments: