Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Screaming Trees - Clairvoyance

Screaming Trees - Clairvoyance


#46/1213
February 16 1986
Screaming Trees
Clairvoyance
Genre: Psychedelic Garage
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Orange Airplane
Forever
Lonely Girl
Clairvoyance

It was right around “Forever” that it hit me: These guys wanna be The Doors if the Doors were a garage band (and they were, weren’t they?) that was trying to merge that sound with, say, Strawberry Alarm Clock.
I know I labeled this Psychedelic Garage but, it’s really…Grunge, isn’t it? I mean, this is early early Grunge, no? Proving that the Grunge movement was really steeped in 60s psychedelia more than anything else. 
Having never heard Screaming Trees I always got them confused with some other bands of the era, whose names escape me right now. I look forward to more from these guys. 



No comments: