Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Gang Green - Another Wasted Night

Gang Green - Another Wasted Night


#33/1200
1986 Housekeeping
Gang Green
Another Wasted Night
Genre: Punk
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Another Wasted Night
Alcohol
19th Hole
Eight Ball
Tonight We Rock




This is straight up punk descended from the Stooges (with Motorhead as a spiritual cousin) with just enough rhythm to actual count as nearly melodic at times. 
Their cover of “Voices Carry” are as ramshackle punk as it should be and renders the original null. 
This is just straight up good punk. I wish I had it when I was a kid. But I bet my parents would have been glad that I didn’t.
I decided to listen to the whole release instead of trying to figure out how to put it in order (it was easier where I was). I’m glad I did. The covers are a hoot.


No comments: