Monday, October 14, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - The Georgia Satellites - Georgia Satellites

The Georgia Satellites - Georgia Satellites


#2/1159
January 1 1986
The Georgia Satellites
Georgia Satellites
Genre: Southern Rock
4.75 out of 5

Highlights:
Keep Your Hands To Yourself
Railroad Steel
Battleship Chains
Can’t Stand the Pain



Take Jason and the Scorchers and remove Jason’s goody weirdness. Take George Thorogood and add some grime. That’s what Georgia Satellites sounds like to me.
More honest about their love for this sound than Bon Jovi ever was. Better at it then .38 Special. A helluva lot sexier then ZZ Top. 
From top to bottom this album is fire and fun. Having never heard it until now gives me mixed emotions. I bet I would’ve had it in rotation with Beat Farmers but I get to hear it for the first time with older, semi-mature ears. 


No comments: