Tuesday, October 29, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Always August - Black Pyramid

Always August - Black Pyramid



#65/1232
1986 Housekeeping
Always August
Black Pyramid
Genre: Psychedelic Garage
2.25 out of 5

Highlights:
Spacin’ Out




So, I’m listening to this weird ass, piss poor produced wanna be Grateful Dead hooey and I look it up on Wikipedia and what to my wondering eyes should appear: Greg Ginn’s name. These guys were produced by Ginn and we all know that Ginn is the worst thing to happen to music since ever.
Okay okay, I know. But, boy those Black Flag records were interminable. Until D.C. 3, that is. 
But this is…man…can anyone here actually play their instrument?
What a mess. This is what you get when someone says, “The Dead? I can play that shit!” and they totally can’t. 


No comments: