Monday, October 14, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Bride - Show No Mercy

Bride - Show No Mercy



#6/1163
January 1 1986
Bride
Show No Mercy
Genre: Christian Metal
2.25 out of 5





The opening track tells me everything. This band took the riff from “Myself to Myself” by Romeo Void and repurposed it into shriek rock and no one is better for it. 
And they are still releasing records as late as last year. 
I’ll take my Jesus rock with a little less devil horns, thanks. 
Towards the middle of the record they sound like an early version of The Donnas, only nowhere near as fun or talented and then, on “Follow Your Heart” it’s full on Broadway Rock Musical and this swirling spectacle continues on Side Two and I wish they had started there. I’m not sure the rating would be higher, cuz it’s not great, but it’s weirdly interesting. 


No comments: