Wednesday, October 16, 2019

The 1986 Listening Post - Grave Digger - War Games

Grave Digger - War Games


#38/1205
February 1 1986
Grave Digger
War Games
Genre: Speed Metal
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Keep On Rockin’

I’ve heard way too much Grave Digger so I was not looking forward to this one. You know what? It opens with a ton of promise. In fact, I have to admit that I have a special affinity for “Fire In Your Eyes” since I obviously, having never heard it, stole the rhythm riff for my band’s song “Babbling Brooke”. And I loved that song…so…well done, Grave Digger! ;)
Digger has decided to go the full Priest/DC model and they are actually better for it. 
This is a perfectly acceptable speed metal record. But the balladry…guys…you can’t actually, y’know…sing. Don’t.
Lord help me, I actually don’t hate a Grave Digger record.


No comments: