Thursday, September 19, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - World Wrestling Federation - The Wrestling Album

World Wrestling Federation - The Wrestling Album


#491/1124
November 1985
World Wrestling Federation
The Wrestling Album
Genre: Cash Grab
2.2.5 out of 5



The 80s were the worst decade. 
An entire decade based around the idea of maximizing griftability. 
Evidenced by this and Mr. T’s Commandments and a host of junk.
Why am I listening to this? I mean, we passed on Lou and the Q.
I had no idea just how much the WWF proliferated into the social fabric at this time.
I listened to this whole thing so you didn’t have to. 
Rick Derringer (Whose 1978 album “If I weren’t So Romantic…” earned the first. 0.5 rating from me…) produced this mess so, of course he put one of his own tracks on here. It’s “Real American” and it belongs at the end credits of some straight to video crapfest like “Born American” starring Chuck Norris’ son. 
I sooooo wanted a song called “Eat Your Heart Out, Rick Springfield” to be great…and it could’ve been…but it’s not.  
OMG, I had to hear the “Captain Lou” song for a second time during this Listening Post and I want to kill someone. 
I am a bit surprised at the quality of some of the voices, like Mean Gene Okerlund and Jimmy Hart. 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBJ7ztNazTVDeIbV6Jvxz3sgMZZptW_2V

No comments: