Sunday, September 1, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Aerosmith - Done with Mirrors

Aerosmith - Done with Mirrors


#444/1079
November 9 1985
Aerosmith
Done With Mirrors
Genre: Rock
3.75 out of 5



Highlights:
Let the Music Do the Talking
Gypsy Boots
The Hop




Joe Perry came back. 
I’m one of those very very latecomers to Aerosmith. I admit it. I found them during their resurgent MTV days. And I had to go back and give them their due. 
They were one of the bands that I featured on the original Listening Post a decade ago. Their 2nd, 3rd and 4th records, culminating in Rocks were astoundingly good. 
So much so that I probably burned out cuz this is much better than the previous 2 and a really good warm up to the next 2. Sure, they sound like they wanna be the American Rolling Stones but, hey, the Stones weren’t doing anything interesting at this point so, why not take that blues based cock rock slot?
I wasn’t fair to this then. Fresh ears and all. Just proves you really shouldn’t listen to EVERYTHING in a band’s catalog in one solid go. 
I was wrong about this one 10 years ago. It’s much better than I remembered.



No comments: