Thursday, September 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Talk About the Weather

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Talk About the Weather



$485/1118
1985 Housekeeping
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry
Talk About the Weather
Genre: Goth/Post-Punk
4.25 out of 5


Highlights:
Talk About the Weather
Hollow Eyes
Strange Dream


Jeez there was a lot of music released in 1985. And, I’m not just talking about the major releases. There was such a tonnage of stuff that, while it’s available for streaming (!!!), either didn’t cut through (to me) or was relegated to imports or bargain bins or something.
Like Red Lorry Yellow Lorry. The ONLY way I would’ve heard this is if I happened to walk in to Sounds when it was playing, and then mustered up the nerve to ask what it was and then sullenly walked out of the store without it cuz you KNOW it was a $20 import. 
But maybe I wouldn’t have bought it back then since it took this project to really help me key in to what I loved about the post rock of Joy Division and the like. (Yeah, I know)
That’s what this is: a band that sounds like they loved JD and NO and Martin Hannett and wanna play on that playground. 


No comments: