Thursday, September 19, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Demon - Heart of Our Time

Demon - Heart of Our Time



#501/1135
December 2 1985
Demon
Heart of Our Time
Genre: Prog 
4 out of 5

Even more poppy than their last one, by now Demon feels like a band grasping at straws to figure out what they want to be. 
They don’t abandon their prog roots, instead they, to weird results, try to craft as poppy a record they can within that idiom. 
It’s a bloated record, to be sure, but I find Demon the least aptly named band whose attempts at futuristic stadium rock, well, almost rock. They pull out all the stops. Echoing Genesis, Pink Floyd and every other ProgRock group you can name (I even hear some Planet P in here), I thoroughly enjoyed this record. 

Looking back on them…I guess I’m a Demon fan. 


No comments: