Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Giant Sand - Valley of Rain

Giant Sand - Valley of Rain




#511/1145
December 1985
Giant Sand
Valley of Rain
Genre: Paisley dust bowl 
4.25 out of 

Highlights:
Death, Dying and Channel 5
Down on Town/Love’s No Answer
Torture of Love



Never heard of this band. If someone else has…do tell. I’m sure Sheffield has since a bunch of Poi Dog Pondering played in this thing.
I was blown away. 
I will post the pictures that accompanied my listen. On the road for 2 hours through the flat lands of Saskatchewan, heading back to Regina. This thing pounding away at my skull.
It’s so self assured, I almost liken it to an American Desert Nick Cave. Does that make sense?
I dunno. I just loved it. (And they are STILL recording)
It’s just a LOT. It does go on for a long while.


No comments: