Thursday, September 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - Watchtower - Energetic Assembly

Watchtower - Energetic Assembly



#489/1122
November 30 1985
Watchtower
Energetic Assembly
Genre: Prog-Thrash 
3.25 out of 5


“Would like a little metal with that bass, sir?”
This thing is all over the place and I had to make a mental adjustment while listening. To be honest, I had to read about it. Because it didn’t sound like anything I’d heard from the metal world before. It’s like a group of prog rockers hooked up with a Bruce Dickinson-esque singer and tried to reinvent the style.
And, from what I’ve read, they did. 
While I find the production tinny and shrill, I don’t know that they had a budget to actually do anything better. 
Like I said, it took me a while to understand what I was listening to. I appreciate it, conceptually.  Doesn’t mean I like it. 


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da8y2qbDByM

No comments: