Thursday, September 12, 2019

The 1985 Listening Post - The Alan Parsons Project - Stereotomy

The Alan Parsons Project - Sterotomy



#483/1116
November 1985
The Alan Parsons Project
Stereotomy
Genre: Rock
3.5 out of 5


Highlights:
Stereotomy
Where’s the Walrus

The title track sounds like Parsons is trying to hew closer to…mid 80s Rush? It’s less Pink Floyd cloning and more straight ahead (7+ minute) rock. Sure, it’s infused with all things Parsons but I kind of like it. And, considering my less than enthusiastic responses to all previous AP records, no-one is more surprised than me that I don’t hate this. 
Maybe it’s the whole listening in an airport lounge thing that is helping…
I fell under the spell of that walrus instrumental thing which then gave way to a blatant Lennon impersonation that wasn’t all that impressive. 
Next…


No comments: